Thursday, October 28, 2010

Words at times seem very meaningless. There have been times in my life when I have found words inadequate, inappropriate and just too shallow. Sometimes words just let you down, they do not come to your rescue when you need them the most. They seem grossly useless, and then you resort to silence. Some other times they are so powerful, they will reduce you to tears, push you into red hot rage, drown you in self pity. Then again they touch you softly yet so strongly that you know you have been marked almost physically, indelibly for the rest of your life. Sometimes they will just hang around in your head, your mind, your ears , your consciousness, subconsciousness as well till you feel you will burst, till you want to put your hand in there and draw them out.
And again these words will engulf you in their warmth and bring a glow to your face and happiness to your soul.
I came across a bunch of words beautifully stringed together in a song. It touched me, I don't know why and as of now I don't care either. I know I found it lovely. Hope you will like it too.


At Last- Etta James

At last, my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clovers
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to rest my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last

No comments:

Post a Comment