Friday, October 22, 2010

Jhootha Hi Sahi - Review

Everytime I see a movie and I feel strongly about it I want to put my feelings to words. Caught “Jhootha hi sahi” today and must say really liked it. IMHO, it’s John’s best performance till date. For the first time the focus is not on his brawn and he shows that there is more to him than his beefy body. He plays the character of the simple lying, bumbling, stammering lover boy to the hilt and very very convincingly. Pakhi is also a refreshing change. Her charm lies in her being attractive and charming but not with an incredibly gorgeous model-like body. She looks very real and acts well too. Considering it’s her first movie. The other characters also make for very interesting watch and for the first time gay relationships have been portrayed on screen in a subtle and sombre fashion. The parallel stories of Aliya-Nick, Omar-Kruttika add just enough spice to keep the flavour savoury. The ending is a typical filmy ending with our Clark Kent turning into a Superman, but common, you gotta give it to them, a film has to have a filmy ending rite? On the whole a very balanced and neat movie and a very good watch. I had good fun especially when I had almost started believing that I am jinxed coz every movie I watched at the theatre turned out to be a dud [with a few exceptions of course notably Dabangg ;) ;) ]. Anyways go watch it people and let me know how you all found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment