Monday, October 4, 2010

The saga continues...

There have been so many times, I have thought that this is seriously not going to work out. At times I feel I am just letting myself into something which does not have equal involvement from both the sides. I have felt the stakes on my side to be higher. Then I have tried to consciously bring myself back from that state and into neutral ground where an impending break up wouldn't crush me. Maybe I have been too scared to bare my heart and put it at someone else's mercy. So despite all the vehement opposition from my heart I have done what I could to protect it. To save it from misery. And moreso when I was so highly unsure of what this meant to her. Whether this really meant anything to her more than a casual fling. And all these times when I have felt that she probably couldn't care less, she has done something to prove me wrong and put my fears to rest and make me go nuts about her again.
After a brief interlude of 5 months I had to pack my bags and shift base to Hyderabad. The last few days were terribly crazy with lots of loose ends to tie up. I got busy with the boring chores and tasks and hardly had nay time to dwell on the separation and what this meant for our relationship. However on my last day surprisingly I had finished packing and had an evening to myself. That was when I started thinking that she had been so apathetic for the past few days. The more I thought of it, the more I got convinced that maybe moving out of town was a good idea. Maybe putting physical space between us is the right thing to do, maybe this is the beginning of the end. I agreed when a friend of mine asked me out for dinner. I went along. I had a nice time. It was an evening well spent and by the time I was ready to come back home, my mind was totally off her. And that is when it happened. When we stepped out of the restaurant, we were greeted by wet streets and a jolly good shower. I had never before been drenched in rain, having been scared of it since my childhood. Numerous times friends had tried to trick me into walking into a drizzle or a douwnpour but I had always managed to escape. No matter what people said about it being fun, I held my ground. But today since I had to get back early as I had an early morning flight to catch and none of us had an umbrella, so I thought what the heck, let's brave it. We started walking in the downpour, getting drennched and surprisingly it felt nice. Refreshing and alive. It was like a treat after the sultry day. And that is when I realised that this is what Mumbai does, springs surprises on you. And yes I knew she was thinking of me. Just when I had started to distance myself from her, she went ahead and literally soaked me again in her spunk.Took away one of my worst fears and turned it into a fun experience for me. I couldn't help but realising that this was nowhere near its end, this was just another one of our sparrings with a delightful ending and no matter what, we were still a pair, Mumbai and I.

1 comment: