Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Her Royal Gypsyness

Me and my gypsy life. Oft I have thought that had I not been around and about so much in my childhood, I wouldn't have grown up to be so restless in my youth. Well, I can never know for for sure. Our circumstances do mould us to a large extent. Our character is not just defined by the genetic code, our surroundings, the people we meet, the places we see, the books we read, all play a huge part.
I have taken to rambling after a long time. And it is primarily because Hyderabad, the dry, parched Hyderabad has completely dried up my creative juices, leaving me no choice but to ramble. Something that I love doing anyways. At times my heart revolts to all the order and schema that my mind tries and imposes on it. My foolish,rogue,vagabond heart. It just wants to be what it is, full of imperfections, full of its own prejudices and notions, and ofcourse full of its follies.
And there is something funny about life as well, particularly my own. Good that I have a self professed evolved sense of humor to appreciate it. but truth is I kinda like the jokes.
I am still upto the challenges of Life or so I like to believe. Hungry for it. Greedy almost. Lustily waiting for life to unfold. And enjoying the journey there in. Full of discoveries about life, self and world. Full of unexpected twists and turns, spices and condiments. But most of all I just love the self-realizations. There is something acutely satisfying about getting to know the person deep within you better. The one person who will be with you 24*7 till you are through with this journey. The comfort increases bit by bit as you know more and more about yourself. You become better aware of your strengths, your weaknesses, your quirks and everything else. I am loving it now and also loving how I feel I am far from knowing myself completely. That is the best part. You know the interesting book you got your hands on is not yet over and will not be for a long time to come.
What am I doing in the middle of an especially busy day rambling? Well its the exceptionally busy days which make me want to ramble, I wanna go on some more but the irritating phone has been ringing incessantly for sometime now.
Have to get back to earning my marmalade, kinda tired of the butter from sometime now.
So long.

2 comments:

  1. awesome reading....my fav lines "....But most of all I just love the self-realizations. There is something acutely satisfying about getting to know the person deep within you better. ......"

    Very well said rutli :)

    ReplyDelete