Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fondness

There are somethings in life which are an instant hit, be it people, songs, movies, food, clothes, shoes, designs.. anything. The moment you set your eyes on them, then a connect happens straight to your heart. You just know that is it, this is exactly what you wanted. This is what you were looking for, searching, seeking and then a wave of happiness shoots through you and engulfs you. I have experienced the feeling many times and I am sure I am not alone in this.
But there are always things,people,places,you might not like or be indifferent to in the first glance,meeting, hearing, but which subsequently grow on you. Slowly but steadily, silently but gradually they grow, they cling and then before you realize they become an inseparable part of your being. Without your realizing it it has crept down from an insignificant position in a remote corner of your mind to a secure and cozy corner in your heart, not to be dislodged for a long long time to come. And this kind of liking or fondness can sometimes be painful too if you face a separation.
There have been numerous instances of this too in my life, a few of my closest buddies are one I had a positive dislike for in our first meeting, couple of my favorite songs are ones which I was sure I wouldn't listen to a second time.
Till I chance upon my next object of fondness of either type..

No comments:

Post a Comment