Saturday, October 15, 2011

I have realised that since the time I have taken to writing fiction , most of my entries are on my FB account. I am making a conscious effort to gather all my work at one place and hence posting some of the pieces i wrote and publishedon FB earlier. The first one is "The Wait" posted on FB on 26th July 2011


I stand at the doorstep looking out, waiting. Anxiously. Patiently. I look at the sky. I get restless. So I look at it some more. I can hear the wind, feel it too, though it does not blow. It stands still or tries to, on one leg. Like its teasing me, tempting me, mocking me. I still wait. I look at the neighbor’s door. I hear him coughing. I count the particles of dust floating in the air, listless, restless. They mirror my soul. I laugh out loud. LOL. It’s funny. Me, the sky, the wait and you. Who would have thought. I stand there rooted to the spot, glued in. You finally come out and see me. Our eyes lock. Now my eyes too are stuck to the place where yours were a moment ago. You, but you walk the other way. You keep walking. You walk the whole street. You slowly turn the corner. And you never once look back. Back at me.




.

2 comments:

  1. And u never once look back. Back at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And u never once look back. Back at me. Never.

    ReplyDelete