Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Coconut Water Man Part - II
First Published on FB on May 13, 2011

12th October




Guess What? He was there today too. The cocnut water man. Both Reema and I were trying not to look at him , not into his eye specially, but I Stole a glance and I saw him looking at Reema. He looks so like Ravan, I swear. Mother promise. I told bou about it. Bou said don’t look at him, get down from the bus and walk straight back home. And stick with Reema. I don’t understand why I have to stick to Reema. She should stick to me. I am taller, stronger and also very brave, just like baba. When Baba came back from work we played carom, baba lost to me baba always does that, he will just knowingly lose to me, but I was very happy never the less. Baba was very happy with me I got highest marks in 4 out of 5 subjects and guess wat, now the other girls have also started being friendly with me. I am the star, Twinkle star like baba calls me. I wrote a letter to bhaina, he never replies he is soo busy in studies, he is studying in IIT na, slogging day and night, serves him right, hardly used to study when he was home. Would tease me all the time and still get 1st rank. Sadu, total sadu.



13th October



Today while returning, Mihika also walked back with us, with me and Reema. She lives 2 blocks down and usually gets down at the next stop, but she got down with us, trying to get close to me I suppose. Like I don’t know that she is also sadu. Made her carry my water bottle hee hee. The cocnut water man was there today too and kept staring at Reema with those small , tiny eyes of his. I think his eyes are like those of a fish. I went to Reema’s house to play in the eve and we talked about the coconut water man. She said she found him ok, not bad or anything. I told her she must be mad, he is to pakka rakshasa. Anyways Reema has got lots and lots of toys but aunty looked a bit strange to me. Strange as in, u know, looked very grumpy, didn’t talk to me, Reema also didn’t introduce. Her dad doesn’t live with them, there was another uncle at their house, thin, very thin, with no hair, I didn’t like him much either. I came back soon, bou had made manda pithas today. Some osa or the other, bou is to forever keeping some fast, doing some puja. Baba doesn’t do all this. He does puja in the morning and bas that’s it. I like it , too many pujas, too much headache, oh ear god don’t be angry on me, I like doing puja, but I am so small no, so that’s why, dnt make me fail in the exams please please please.



15th October



It was a fun Sunday, read the two Nanacy drew books I had burrowed from Mihika. Lazed a lot, ate mutton curry, bou’s Sunday special , watched tv and now sleeping, zzzz



18th October



Mihika is so much fun, she has got so many cool things. We hang out together all the time in school, and while walking back from bus also , we were chattering so much. Reema has grown even quieter now a days, I wonder why. Today she even stopped at the coconut water man’s trolley. I walked back and tried to pull her away but she asked me to go away, she pushed me off, she shouted at me to go talk to Mihika, she said go to your new friend , don’t bother about me. I was so mad at her, I shouted back , saying I was a fool to bother about her , since no one ever did are for her, not even her own father. He started crying, but I was so mad, I stomped off. I told bou, bou was very angry with me, bou said I must say sorry to her. But why should I say sorry, she pushed me, she should say sorry, but bou says I must say sorry to her tomorrow. I told bou I will but I won’t.



23rd October



Mihika is not coming to school, coz she has jaundice, but I have lots of other friends to hang out with. Reema though keeps to herself. I didn’t say sorry, she came to me once to say sorry , I looked the other way and didn’t talk to her. I will never talk to her. She pushed me. How dare she do that. Now a days, she talks to the cocnut water man every day. He smiles at her showing his black teeth. I still try not to look into his eyes, I don’t believe sakhi but why to take a risk. I look at them from a distance. I hate That coconut water man, I hate Reema, I hate everybody.



25th October



I am so scared my hands are still trembling. I can’t tell this to anyone, not to bou, not to baba, not to Bhaina. Today while walking back from the bus stop, I saw Reema talking to the cocnut water man and handing him something, he glanced around and I walked fast, but as soon as I turned the corner, I hid behind the wall and looked at them. He was there with a friend, a short man in a yellow shirt and black pants, brown hair and black teeth like the cocnut water man. The three were talking and after some time the short man took Reema’s hand and he pulled her with him, Reema tried to pull back, but then he put a hand on her mouth and dragged her away. There was no one around. I was so scared I just stood there. Motionless. I couldn’t move, couldn’t think. All I wanted that time was not to catch the cocnut waterman’s eye. After some time he started moving away along with his trolley. I ran as fast as I could, I didn’t stop till I reached home. Bou asked me what happened, I said I saw a snake. In the eve Reema’s mother called up our place. She talked to bou, bou asked me if Reema had walked back wth me, I said I don’t know. I got down from the bus first and saw a snake so came running to home as fast as I could.



28thOctober



The police had come yesterday. They asked me questions, I just said I saw nothing, I ran back home from the bus stop.



31st October



They did not find Reema, no trace of her anywhere. The coconut water man still comes. Bou and baba were discussing it must be him, the police had arrested him, but let him off due to lack of evidence or something.



15th November







Today we had arts class, how I hate arts. I had a drawing Reema had once made for me and I submitted that, I got an A. I am the most popular girl in class now, I get As in everything. Waise they still haven’t found Reema and now the coconut water man has also stopped coming. Waise, it was all Reema’s fault. She should have never looked into his eyes in the first place.







22

1 comment:

  1. hii.. Nice Post

    Thanks for sharing


    For latest stills videos visit ..

    www.chicha.in

    www.chicha.in

    ReplyDelete