Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reasons to feel happy today


Everyday when you open the newspaper , there a millions of news articles which are depressing, diappointing or downright disgusting. From amongst this muck , I have decided to look at the pearls strewn in between(I know, being the hopeless optimist hat I am, what else did you expect)
And yes , I do not guarantee that I will continue doing this regularly, just whenever I think I need some signs in the external world to suggest that "ALl is really Well with thw world" or in other words the situation can still be salvaged. :)(The real reason if U know me is that I am downright lazy , not only on my bum but also on my fingers..typing everyday- u gotta be kidding!)
So here goes:
1.India Inc set to witness high level of attrition in 2010: Well they say that if the attrition levels go up the that means people are finding more jobs elsewhere and hopefully better jobs. And considering the fact that I too am on the lookout for something which will help me kill time and also pay for my n + 1 number of bills(books, clothes, accessories, parlor, cosmetics....the list is actually endless) , this piece of nesw makes me very happy :D
2.Orissa Govt to create self-employment opportunities for five lakh youths.
COnsidering that I hail from the stat and have mostly suppressed the little voice in the back of my head which tells me to do something for the place to which I owe my identity. But for the moment I console my mind with news clippings such as these telling it that someday I will make up for lost time. Till then hang on and have faith.
3.And finally the "No kiya" ad of Onida takng a dig at Nokia. Ohh high time these advertisers got htier act together and indulged in some high octane heads-on war. God I so miss the Ocla-Pepsi, ThumsUp -Pepsi , Sprite-7up wars of yesteryears. Someone has to realy fight for me to make merry and morever i believe its when you are out to get somebody that yo really let your best creative juices flow.
So that was the lsit for today.. so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment