Saturday, March 6, 2010

You and I

I have nothing to say for this post, except that sometimes when you read the works of someone else you feel, oh , this is a perfect encapsulation of my feelings. And that leads me to believing that really some feelings are not that unique, many many people before me have had to battle with the same emotions that I do and many more after me will do the same. The bodies change, the situations differ, but the feelings and emotions are transient. They just get passed from one era to the other without losing any of their vitality , vigor , color or sting.

Let me present one such poem on longing and all those who have felt it at some point of time or the other in their lives will identify with the poet.

You and I
By Henry Alford

My hand is lonely for your clasping, dear;
My ear is tired waiting for your call.
I want your strength to help, your laugh to cheer;
Heart, soul and senses need you, one and all.
I droop without your full, frank sympathy;
We ought to be together—you and I;
We want each other so, to comprehend
The dream, the hope, things planned, or seen, or wrought.
Companion, comforter and guide and friend,
As much as love asks love, does thought ask thought.
Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly,
We ought to be together, you and I.

1 comment:

  1. My hand is lonely for your clasping, love.

    ReplyDelete